Foxit Reader is the only eligible alternative reader/viewer for PDF files (eBooks). It’s free, smaller, faster, and cleaner. And it starts up immediately, so you don’t need to wait the annoying “Welcome” screen to disappear. Foxit PDF Reader is extremely easy to use, just double click it to start and then click open button to open your PDF document. If you want to print, click on “Print” button. If you want to setup the page layout for printing, select “Print Setup” from “File” menu. Foxit Reader supports Windows 98/ Me/ 2000/ XP/ 2003/ Vista.
Unlike Adobe® Reader, this one has size about than 2.5 MB, needs no installation and opens up immediately. You don’t need to go throught lengthy installation process to start using Foxit PDF Reader, just UNZIP the downloaded “pdfrd.zip” package into any place you want, then run PDFReader.exe. You can set Foxit PDF Reader as your default PDF reader, so you can double click on PDF files to open them within Foxit PDF Reader.
Now with Foxit Reader, you don’t have to endure such pain any more.
The following is a list of compelling advantages of Foxit Reader:
• Incredibly small: The download size of Foxit Reader is only 2.5 MB which is a fraction of Acrobat Reader 20 MB size.
• Breezing-fast: When you run Foxit Reader, it launches instantly without any delay. You are not forced to view an annoying splash window displaying company logo, author names, etc.
• Annotation tool: Have you ever wished to annotate (or comment on) a PDF document when you are reading it? Foxit Reader allows you to draw graphics, highlight text, type text and make notes on a PDF document and then print out or save the annotated document.
• Text converter: You may convert the whole PDF document into a simple text file.
• High security and privacy: Foxit Reader highly respects the security and privacy of users and will never connect to the Internet without users’ permission. While other PDF readers often silently connect to the Internet in the background. Foxit PDF Reader does not contain any spyware.
Foxit Reader Pro is the professional version of Foxit Reader, the popular free PDF reader.
Foxit Reader Pro supports all features provided in Foxit Reader, and includes the following functions:
• Text viewer and text converter
• Form filler
• Spell checker
• Advanced editing tools, including loupe tool, measure tools, image tool, file attachment tool, link tools, annotation selection tool, and more
Actually without Pro Pack, you are still able to annotate a PDF document and print it out. However when you save the annotated document, it will be stamped with an evaluation mark on the top-right corner of the annotated pages. If you purchase a Pro Pack add-on, then there will be no evaluation mark.
What’s new in Version 3.0:
• Enticing Multimedia Design. Now users can not only play multimedia in Foxit Reader, but also are empowered to add, edit or delete multimedia files with the incredible Movie Tool and Sound Tool.
• Attachment Panel. Lists all the attached files in the PDF document, and provides a number of common options that helps users manage the attachments, such as opening, deleting and adding description to the attachments. Users can also change the security settings when opening an attachment in this panel.
• Thumbnail Panel. Shows thumbnail images for each PDF page and allows users to quickly view relevant portions of a PDF file. Now users can navigate through PDFs with page thumbnails.
• Layout Panel. Lists PDF layers in the document, allows users to control the display of some certain content areas.
• Metric Unit Support. Within the preferences dialog box it gives users the option to set the unit of page dimension in either metric system or imperial system.
• Auto-scrolling with Middle Mouse Button. In the Hand Tool reading mode, users can perform auto-scrolling by holding the middle mouse button/wheel mouse button down.
• Awe-Inspiring Foxit OnDemand Content Management. This new add-on enables users to organize, share and collaborate on documents and forms online. Users can upload from Foxit Reader or send documents with ease. Advanced features include workflow driven document sharing, revisions of documents, CollabRoom for group collaboration.
• Firefox Support. With Firefox Plugin, users can view and work with PDF files loaded in Foxit Reader with Firefox web browser.